One week: USD 450
Two weeks: USD 720
Three weeks: USD 980
Four weeks: USD 1240
Five weeks: USD 1480
Six weeks: USD 1710
Seven weeks: USD 1950
Eight weeks: USD 2170
If you wish to stay longer ask us for a quotation!
There is a USD $50 application fee.
Your flight to the Galapagos can be on Sundays. We can help you book and purchase your flight to the Galapagos. Please let us know in advance if you would like us to arrange this for you.
Please note that you will be responsible for your own travel costs to the individual project site, You will need to allocate US$423 for the flight. Once arriving to the Island volunteers will have to pay a $110 USD Galapagos National Park fee. This fee should be paid when arriving to the airport in cash. The amount of luggage you can take in these flights is 40 pounds. There is an airport in San Cristobal, but if by any chance this airport is closed, then all flights arrive in Baltra. From Baltra you will need to take a boat to go to San Cristobal. The cost of the boat is US$35. Once you arrive to San Cristobal, you need to take a truck to go up to the station. The cost for the truck is US$20.
The Ecuadorian currency is the US Dollar. In general we recommend that you take travellers cheques or worldwide recognised credit cards instead of cash as your main source of money. However between US$500 and US$700 upon arrival is recommended. This is to cover your flight, Galapagos park fee, and any additional costs. Please be aware that you may have a maximum limit on cash withdrawal for your bank card in a single day, so it is advisable to come with most of the cash you’ll need right away to avoid complications or delays in getting the cash you need.
What is included
- Pre-departure support
- Arrival orientation (Monday thru Friday at 3 PM at our offices in Quito)
- 24-hour in-country support
- Location orientation
- Welcome meeting
- Lodging at the volunteer house located in San Cristobal Island
- All meals at the reserve
- Drinking water in the volunteer house
- All transportation expenses that are directly related to the projects
- Training, field coordinator and field equipment/material
What is not included
- Transportation within Ecuador
- Lodging outside the volunteer house in San Cristobal
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, etc.
- Medical and travel insurance
- Visa costs
- Personal kit
- Additional drinks and gratuities
- Extra local excursions
- International and domestic airport taxes
- Lodging outside the project